General

▼

Bruce Lee self-guided Tours

▼

Thursday, October 1, 2026

City on Fire - Chow Yun Fat (1987) - Wo Heung Street, Fo Tan

The mystery of the triple-location heist sequence is finally solved. Readers of my City on Fire posts will know that the initial heist scene where the gang hold up a jewellers, was filmed in at least two locations. The building they rob is located in the Yau Tong Industrial Area. It's the Chung Pak Commercial Building - I think it's still there but it's been a while since I checked. The subsequent shootout was filmed a fair distance away on Wo Shui Street in Fo Tan. However, there was a third location that I wasn't sure about and we see it as the gang make their getaway as the cops shoot at them.

It turns out I should have just looked around the corner on Wo Heung Street. The shot shows a CLP Electricity Substation on the right hand side as the cars speed off. This is the Fo Tan Substation located on the corner of Wo Heung Street and Wo Shing Street. Here's the reminder.



If you want to see what it looks like now, here is the Streetview. Anyway, as you can see I do endeavour to track these things down, even if it takes me a few years...

No comments:

Post a Comment