Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Game of Death - Bruce Lee (1978) - State Theatre, North Point

This is one of those locations that I have only recently been made aware of, whereas at the time of my original GOD posts I had yet to venture to anywhere near this location.

It's a brief shot that shows the fake BL walking past a cinema showing a kung fu film (Edit: it turns out to be a poster for the 1978 film The Iron Fisted Monk - see comments below).


And here is that same theatre 40+ years later, looking slightly more decrepit but still with its identifiable curved front and square windows.


If you would like to know a bit more about the place then you can visit my other blog where I did a post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. I am thinking the film playing at the time the fake BL walked by is Sammo Hung's Iron Fisted Monk

Phil said...

"Iron Fisted Monk" - wow, that's one pair of sharp eyes you have there. Many thanks. IFM was made in 1977, so I guess a 1978 release ties in nicely with when G.O.D was being filmed.
Cheers
Phil

Post a Comment