Sunday, October 6, 2013

I Spy (TV Series) - Robert Culp (1965) - Dragon Garden, Castle Peak Road

After a couple of weeks break we return to I Spy, but a new episode called Carry Me Back to Old Tsing Tao. Viewers of either of my two blogs should immediately recognise the first location we see because it was subsequently featured in The Man with the Golden Gun and Noble House (amongst others). But, it seems, that Bill Cosby and Robert Culp were there first. We are of course talking about Dragon Garden. Here are the grabs.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dragon House, that's it. We used a number of locations/houses around the old Castle Peak road. Has a great swimming pool with three diving boards we used to use during filming breaks. Always seemed to be the home belonging to whichever character Roy Chiao was playing (invariably a gangster boss...).

Phil said...

Wow. Did you know the place had recently been renovated and is now semi-open for arranged visits? It was in the papers a lot when I first arrived because the Govt had refused to help out with its preservation (someone wanted to bulldoze it and build a housing development).

I also vaguely rememeber seeing it in a US made-for-tv film called "Men of the Dragon" starring Robert Ito, Jared Martin - however, as we speak I am awaiting someone to confirm (they have just bought it off the internet). I think it was made circa 1974.

By the way, I also know of someone else who worked for Salon in the early 70's when TC was still at the helm.

Unknown said...

I didn't start at Salon until '86, so it's unlikely I will know who it is.

Phil said...

Yes, it was 1970 to 72 I believe. Then he left to go and work for King Hu in Yau Yat Chuen.

Post a Comment