Monday, April 27, 2015

Yellowthread Street (TV Series) - Bruce Payne (1990) - Cheung Chau, Outlying Islands

As we slowly wind down the look back at Yellowthread Street (I've already done 70 posts for it - the highest count for a single show on this blog so far), here are some locations from the very last episode I Knew A Man.

Head-cop Vale (played by Ray Lonnen, who passed away just last year in 2014) heads out to Cheung Chau to try and find the culprit behind a bunch of illegal immigrant drownings.

Of course, first he has to head to the Outlying Islands ferry pier...


...and then we get treated to the very familiar (well, to me at least) view of the centre of Cheung Chau Island as the ferry pulls in. 


The lower picture is of course the view looking from Cheung Chau towards Lantau Island in the background.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I still vividly remembers buying lunch boxes from the Seaview Restaurant at the pier before catching the ferry to Cheung Chau. Thanks for bring back this part of my childhood memory!

Phil said...

thanks for supplying the name Arthur. I'm sure I must have passed it at some point myself during my few visits in the 90's but can hardly remember this area at all now.
Cheers
Phil

gweilo8888 said...

Personally, I miss when there were snack kiosks on the ferries, rather than a vending machine. :-(

Post a Comment