Friday, June 19, 2015

Kung Fu Killers - Grant Page (1974) - St Andrew's Church, Tsim Sha Tsui

A quick clip of a kung fu practitioner jumping around and generally being active in front of St Andrew's Church in Tsim Sha Tsui.


Now, anyone who has read my various posts about Bruce Lee on my other blog will know that he trained here for a very short time in 1959 under the tutelage of a northern style kung fu master called Siu Hon Sang (邵漢生). The deal was that Bruce would study a few flashy northern forms in return for teaching 'Uncle Siu' how to do the Cha Cha, but Lee mastered the forms so quickly that Siu never had the chance to learn anything in return.

Now, I may be mistaken but I believe that the old chap in the very top picture may in fact be Siu Hon Sang, he certainly looks like him and he is the only person I have heard of to teach martial arts in the church grounds. What do you think? A nice coincidence if I am correct and if anyone is familiar with Mr Siu please feel free to comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,

That certainly looked like Master Siu. I have seen him in the mid to late 1970's. He had gained some weight then, but the face couldn't be missed. Maybe it's mentioned in the end credits too?

T

Phil said...

Hi Thomas, I'm not sure I have the film anymore to check. I need to dig through my folders.
Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,

A fast visit to HMV might do it. They have a bunch of this DVD in the $9 boxes.

T

Post a Comment