Monday, August 1, 2016

Detonator II: Night Watch - Pierce Brosnan (1995) - Cannon Street, Causeway Bay

The last Cannon Street post for Cracker: White Ghost has reminded me that I missed off another view of Cannon Street. The common factor is a large neon sign in the background that can also be seen in the Cracker screen shots. I don't know what the sign was for but I suspect someone can fill in the gaps in my knowledge, you can see it in the shot below (red neon in the background).


So this is us looking down Cannon Street (i.e. looking North) towards the junction with Jaffe Road. The next scene - involving the car crashing into the phone booth - looks to have been filmed to the south where Cannon St ends at the junction with Lockhart Road. See below.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,

The red neon sign is store called Chat Kee. Sort of one of the fore runners of excess export clothing outlets decades ago, when apparel manufacturing still flourished. Chat Kee used to have quite a few stores in town. Other than the Causeway Bay Store, I think they used to have a few store fronts along Granville Road in Tsimshatsui, as well as Lion Rock Road in Kowloon City.

Today only their Kowloon City store remained.

T

Phil said...

thanks Thomas, I had a feeling you would know. Cheers, Phil

Post a Comment