Monday, November 14, 2016

Les Tribulations d'un Chinois en Chine - Jean-Paul Belmondo (1965) - Is this the Wan Fu?

I mentioned earlier about my suspicions of the identity of Belmondo's private yacht in the film Les Tribulations d'un Chinois en Chine. I believe it was actually the Hilton Hotel's own Wan Fu wearing a disguise. What do you think? Any old "Hiltonians" out there that can confirm?


I'm certainly no expert but I think the following comparison between Kill a Dragon (1967) and Les Tribulations d'un Chinois en Chine (1965) provide the best clue. It looks to me like the same boat with the name blacked out in the second picture. Does anyone care to weigh in?

Kill a Dragon
Les Tribulations d'un Chinois en Chine

1 comment:

Phil said...

After seeking some advice on gwulo.com from the former director of the HK Maritime Museum, Stephen Davies, I think it is safe to say this is the Wan Fu. You can see the whole thread here: https://gwulo.com/atom/20884

It contains some excellent background information on the boat.

Post a Comment