Saturday, August 19, 2017

Contagion - Matt Damon (2011) - Gate 46, Hong Kong International Airport

Taking a quick break (as opposed to the 3 week stay in Taipei I just returned from last week) has reminded me of this location I neglected to post all those moons ago when I was posting about Contagion. Anyway, a familiar sight to anyone who has left HK via Chek Lap Kok airport.

Edit 20/12/2021: As an addendum to this post, on a recent flight back to the UK (Xmas 2021) I flew with Virgin from Gate 41 and during the wait for boarding took the opportunity to walk up to the area where this scene was filmed to try and get some comparison shots. Unfortunately, it was a night flight so doesn't have quite the same vibes (nor the same lens) and some of the interior decor has changed a bit in the 10 years since the film was made. Also, it turns out that the Gate in question is in fact gate 46 not 47 as I originally said. Never mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment