Thursday, September 7, 2017

Le Monocle Rit Jaune - Paul Meurisse (1964) - Sai Kung Waterfront, Sai Kung

Sai Kung waterfront was quite an obscure location for this blog just a few months ago, but then all of a sudden I had a two productions that used the concrete jetty in front of town as a filming location. You can see them both on this post I did after paying a visit there not so long ago. Anyway, it turns out that the year after Brad Harris and Dietmar Schönherr were there filming Weiße Fracht für Hongkong, the French production crew for this film shot a major scene there for the film's denouement (just practicing my non-existent French).


There follows a chase and shootout in a small town/village and it's possible it was filmed in the small lanes of old Sai Kung town but it's not something I can confirm at the moment. I may pootle over on my bike next week for a looksee.

No comments:

Post a Comment