Sunday, August 19, 2018

Die Sieben Masken des Judoka - Heinz Drache (1967) - Causeway Bay Typhoon Shelter, Wanchai

I was about to do my Taiwan posts for The Chairman, only to find out that my copy has developed a mould problem and is no longer playable :( so it looks like those will have to wait until I can find a new copy. In the meantime I guess I can start on the elusive Die 7 Masken des Judoka (aka Casse-tête chinois pour le Judoka). I was first told of this film several years ago by Flip Jansen who runs the Movies in Concert website. However, trying to track down a DVD copy was proving difficult until one popped up on Amazon.de a while back. Unfortunately the guy would only deliver within Germany, so I was scuppered until my good friend, Stefan, offered to get it for me and send it on. So many thanks to Flip for the original tip and to Stefan for his extremely generous contribution.

The film is about a nefarious criminal group who have kidnapped two airforce pilots (one played by Heinz Drache who we last saw here in Ein Sarg aus Hongkong) along with their nuclear strike plane equipped with nuclear warheads. A medallion given to one of the pilots turns up in Hong Kong and their friend (played by Marc Briand) heads out to investigate.

The action starts off in Japan before moving to Hong Kong and the first HK establishing shot is the one below, of Causeway Bay Typhoon Shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment