Friday, June 26, 2020

6 Underground - Ryan Reynolds (2019) - Tung Choi Street, Mongkok

How many times have we seen this angle of Tung Choi Street before? Quite a number including  Vengeance, Strangers (where it was used for the view out of Anthony Wong's apartment window) and of course, it featured as a brief shot for Transformers: Age of Extinction.

So it looks like my theory of unused (and used) footage from the Transformers shoot was basically correct as this view of Tung Choi Street from the Mongkok Road pedestrian walkway is used again for Bay's 6 Underground. The same location appears a couple of times in this movie both before and after the main set piece. I love these colours, the place was a bit drab when I was there and took a photo last year (2019)

2 comments:

Andi said...

Hey Phil, long time no see. Hope you and your fam are safe and everything is ok. I hope I can come back to HK next year. Btw 6 Underground was a quite enjoyable film for me. I really liked the parkour stuff. Cheers, andi

Phil said...

Hi Andi - we're all good thanks, I hope you are too. Looking forward to catching up once again. I enjoyed it too and didn't let the fake HK bother me too much LOL. Phil

Post a Comment