Monday, September 13, 2021

Police Story - Jackie Chan (1985) - On Cheung Road, Tai Po

The location where Chor Yuen and his henchmen hijack the bus is On Cheung Road in Tai Po Centre. The camera films them running along On Chee Road next to Eightland Garden before they turn the corner and stop the bus. Jackie chases after them and as he stops to watch them leave you can see the pedestrian bridge over to the bus terminus in the background. Coincidentally, this is the very first place I walked along after arriving in HK for the first time in November 1995. I flew into Kai Tak and caught a cab, giving the driver my friend's address in Chinese (written for me by his mum). The driver had no clue where it was and so just dumped me at this corner. Luckily, it was Eightland Garden I was going to and a kind old lady led me to the door (this was before I could speak any Cantonese, of course).

That 7-11 is still there by the way, although it has shrunk in size somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment