Thursday, June 15, 2023

Amaya - Kaori Momoi (2010) - Harbour Grand Hotel, North Point

Just when I thought I was running out of titles again, another 10-15 or so get picked up by my radar and I have recentlymanaged to track down a couple of them. So next up is Amaya which was released worldwide under the title Hong Kong Confidential. However, I have alread covered an old movie with Gene Barry of that same name, so will stick with Amaya. The story follows several characters whose lives cross at a massage centre in Hong Kong. The film starts with Paul (Andrius Mamontovas), a Lithuanian traveller, arriving in Hong Kong to study a massage course. He's a bit of a scruffy backpacker but has money to throw around and stay at the Harbour Grand Hotel in North Point (not the Kowloon-side one).

No comments:

Post a Comment