Monday, September 11, 2023

The Big Game - Brendan Boone (1973) - Shanghai Street, Mongkok

I would have included these pictures with my last Shanghai Street post had I been able to identify them in time, alas no. However, this one is worth including separately anyway because this section of Shanghai Street was a block further north and I believe we are looking south just before the junction with Soy Street. There is a very blurry Pawnshop sign above the shops along the right side of the road, and looking at other photos of this area I believe it to be the 泰和押 - the Tai Wo pawnshop.

I don't believe this pawnshop exists anymore, but someone took the old sign (these signs are supposed to be shaped like bats) and stuck it at the top of a recessed lightwell between the present day 469 and 471 Shanghai Street (see if you can spot it here).

No comments:

Post a Comment