Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Man with the Golden Gun - Roger Moore (1974) - Western Market, Sheung Wan

Yes, believe it or not Western Market has been on a James Bond film, albeit in the background of the scene when Bond arrives at the Macau <-> Hong Kong hydrofoil jetty. Look carefully in the background of these shots and you should recognise its distinctive patterned brickwork.


The only question I have is...did it have complete and utter crap in it back in 1974 too or was it put to a more worthwhile use?

2 comments:

Daniel Thomas said...

It's been a few years since I've been in to it, but remember it being half empty and only just having a few fabric shops in it. Is it still like that now?

Phil said...

It's just the same today Dan. I understand there is/was a restaurant at the top but I've never eaten there. Perhaps I should give it a go.

The buildings great but it's a great example of how heritage buildings shouldn't be used.

Post a Comment