Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Noble House (Mini series) - Pierce Brosnan (1988) - Shun Tak Centre, Sheung Wan

The Shun Tak Centre - the locations of the HK/Macau Ferry Terminal for those who are not familiar with HK - is used on a couple of occasions as a stand in for Kai Tak Airport Terminal. First there is this shot of Gordon Jackson walking past the ground floor escalators.


When I was first writing about Noble House locations on my other blog, I had initially mistaken this for the real Kai Tak terminal because there was a similar escalator system that led up to the terminal viewing gallery and cafe. Anyway, following a quick trip to Macau on Saturday I managed to get a reasonably similar angle with my phone. See below. 


As you can see it hasn't really changed at all in nearly 25 years.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know why Wikipedia and IMDB suggests Noble House was a 1988 production. We certainly didn't shoot it in '88 and possibly not even in '87 (though that's possible). I thought it was in '86 but it could have been early '87.
We actually shot 'Around the World in 80 Days' between June and August 1988 (Noble House was already in the bank by then) and went straight on to the filming of Kickboxer (on which I worked as 2nd AD) in early September '88.

Phil said...

I was curious about the timeline so thanks for letting me know. I had no idea that NH was filmed then though, I just assumed it was around '88. '86 surprises me just because I have no real concept of how long these things take to go from filming to actually making it onto screen/video.

I actually saw Kickboxer at my local cinema. By this time JCVD seems to have broken the 'star' barrier, whereas Bloodsport was a big video hit and it sounds like it was sat on for a long time going nowhere.

Post a Comment