Sunday, May 18, 2014

I Spy (TV Series) - Robert Culp (1965) - Siu Lam Kung Restaurant, Hanoi Road

Here's one thrown in as an afterthought, but it is a shot of a rather famous restaurant chain (sadly now defunct since circa 2013) that once had a branch on Hanoi Road.

Unfortunately I don't know what the address was on Hanoi Road, and locating it isn't helped by the complete redevelopment that has gone on in that whole area of TST. But, anyway, I thought I would put this one out there because recently Chaplin Chang told me that this was the very same restaurant where he was first introduced to Bruce Lee just prior to the commencement of filming Way of the Dragon in Rome.


So if anyone can give me an exact address it would be nice to know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I believe the traffic direction of Hanoi Road had not change in the past few decades. There is a car in the shot, facing the actors. Provided the car is parked facing the same direction of traffic, that would put the Siu Lam Kung Restaurant in the location along the present day K-11's block.

My 2 cents,
T

Phil said...

Thanks T.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

The menu or recipie shown in the link (http://kitami.blogspot.com/2006/12/blog-post_28.html) was for another address of 18A Austin Road instead of Hanoi Road.

Thanks & Best Regards,
T

gweilo8888 said...

Thanks for the confirmation, T! The article seemed to mention the Hanoi Rd. location, so I was hoping that's what the menu was of, as well. Wish I'd learned to read Chinese when I lived in HK, so I didn't have to rely on trying to interpret machine translation!

Hopefully we'll get a higher-res copy of the matchbook picture to confirm.

Post a Comment