Sunday, May 18, 2014

Yellowthread Street (TV Series) - Bruce Payne (1990) - Shun Tak Centre, Sheung Wan

Yellowthread Street seems to have spent a lot of time filming in small streets on HK Island, which is making my location ID's a bit hard. So bear with me. In the meantime, here is a hazy shot looking towards the Macau Ferry Terminal and the Shun Tak Centre rising up on its left.


If you look closely you can see the Star Ferry plying its trade at the bottom of the screen, before much of that part of water was reclaimed. I'm gonna make a stab in the dark and say that the building on the near left was the Harbour Centre in front of Wanchai Star Ferry pier. If so then pretty much all of that harbour area to its right has now gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,

Yes, it is. I had been working in its twin (Great Eagle Centre) from late November 1984 through 1988. I can confirm that.

Phil said...

Is that you T? :-) many thanks for confirmation.

Post a Comment