Monday, September 15, 2014

Kill a Dragon - Jack Palance (1967) - Shek O Beach, Hong Kong

Palance and his cohorts head to the beach local in order to resurrect the carcass of the boat that was wrecked carrying its cargo of TNT.

Of course, this being the movie world, rather than the beach being local to the village, it is in fact located about 10 miles to the south on Hong Kong Island. Shek O beach to be precise. Recognisable by the presence of Ng Fan Chau which is the small islet that sits directly off the beach.

Here it is on the film in the top picture.


Now, Shek O happens to be one of those places that I have yet to go to. Call it laziness or whatever, but I really haven't been arsed yet. I'm sure I'll make it some day but I have to build up any enthusiasm for it.

1 comment:

gweilo8888 said...

If you ever visit Shek O, it's worth stopping by the world's most dismal mini-golf course for a chuckle.

Perhaps it was the time of year, but when we last visited a few years ago it was open, but overgrown, muddy, swarming with mosquitos, and seemed to be the site of a feline brothel. (There were cats everywhere, yowling and doing what cats do when given half the chance, and the whole place reeked of cat pee.)

These are the things memories are made of. I'm not entirely sure my wife has yet forgiven me for saying "Look, a mini golf course -- let's play!" ;-)

Post a Comment