Thursday, May 7, 2015

Shatter - Stuart Whitman (1974) - Queens Road Central, Hong Kong

Time to clear up some of the identifications that were eluding me. This one is courtesy of Thomas Ngan who spotted the window of the West Wing of the Central Govt Offices on Ice House Street in the background. Here's a reminder.


The red building at the back is a mystery and is the current site of 8 Queens Rd Central. But look to the left and you can see the window that Thomas was talking about. The Streetview gran below confirms this is the corner of Ice House Street.


But what about that red building? I still have no idea but a search of 8 Queen's Road Central brought up the following business card for an old furniture store - was this the same building?


I must admit the building's colour is quite striking, so I am sure there is someone out there who must be able to remember what it was. If so please feel free to leave me a comment. In the meantime, once again thanks to Thomas for lending me his eagle eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment