Friday, July 20, 2018

Les Anges Gardiens - Gerard Depardieu (1995) - Heung Sze Wui Street, Tai Po Market

We stay in Tai Po for the next few images (although I think they appear later in the chase), this time on Heung Sze Wui Street. The top image was shot from the junction with Po Heung Street looking back up towards Wan Tau Street. Actually, I am very familiar with this street because not only did I live here for the first six months of my move in 2006, but it's also where my three kids went to Kindergarten. The car crash is at the junction I just mentioned. The Tai Po Rural Committee building (second/third images - centre screen) was demolished circa 2014 to make way for a new Govt housing development called the Po Heung Estate.


In the top photo, the area behind the red flower boards was an open concrete sports ground and this is how it was when I first visited Hong Kong. I first visited in November 1995 so I think I must've missed the filming by only a few months - what a shame. Anyway, the sports ground was subsequently developed into the Tai Po Complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment