Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Harry's Hong Kong - David Soul (1987) - Former Victoria Barracks, Central

The first major scene in this show is when Harry pops along to visit his policeman friend who is overseeing a parade. I must admit I am not 100% sure about the location here because I cannot find a single image online to corroborate. My gut feeling is that these are part of the former barrack blocks that once lined the hillside inside Victoria Barracks (now Hong Kong Park).

There was a line of five blocks (named Blocks A through E) that once sat where Pacific Place mall now stands and they have been seen on this blog on a couple of occasions previously (Block A was used in Project A and Block D was seen in The Protector).

Unfortunately, finding good images of each of the blocks is difficult and I have yet to see ones of Block B and C so perhaps this is what we are looking at below? If anyone knows one way or the other then it would be great to get confirmation. There are still similar blocks to be found in Hong Kong but they all differ in terms of height, column type, arch shape etc and I can't find any to match the ones below. Perhaps Neil MacDonald will once again come to my rescue... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment