Monday, September 7, 2020

Bons Baisers de Hong Kong - Les Charlots (1975) - Chaplin gets stretchered off

In this quiet time I am revisiting many films and finding some really interesting bits I have previously missed out. One of them is this brief scene from Bons Baisers de Hong Kong that can be included in my "Chasing Chaplin" posts. I hadn't realised Chaplin had been involved in this film, but my knowledgeable friend, Arnaud Lanuque, who interviewed Chaplin previously and was in fact directly responsible for introducing us (merci, Arnaud) has confirmed that he did indeed work on it, albeit uncredited it seems.

Anyway, the brief appearance is during the scene (filmed on set at Shaw's I think) soon after the action moves to Hong Kong. Two of Les Charlots are in a taxi that breaks hard to avoid hitting a dog on the road, thus causing a big pile up that destroys all the cars and surrounding buildings. Chaplin is the dude who gets stretchered off by the ambulance men and stops to ask if the dog is OK. See the screen cap below. He is recognisable from his famous goatee and moustache.

1 comment:

lazemby said...

Très interessant , i didn't know that !

Post a Comment