Monday, November 8, 2021

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow - Jackie Chan (1978) - nr Wong Chuk Yeung, Sai Kung

Next up is Snake in the Eagle's Shadow. About a year or so ago, Bey Logan posted some screen caps on the Gwulo website asking for help identifying some locations for a new book he is writing. Unfortunately, I wasn't much help at the time (although I did point him in the way of a couple of places, like this one) but as luck would have it, my trusted UK film source, AP, who has supplied me with copies (legitimate, I hasten to say) of many of the films I have covered on the blog (huge thanks to him for all the help over the years) had sent me a HK Legends DVD of Snake in the Eagle's Shadow a while ago and I thought I would have a go.

As it turns out, not only have I been able to track down the locations sought after by Mr Logan, but I have also added a few extra ones, at least enough of the important ones to make it worthy of including here on the blog.

Sadly, several of the people involved in the film have passed away very recently: Peter Chan Lung, Roy Horan and (just this week) Dean Shek, so it's nice to look at this film again and remember these three great actors.

Anyway, first up is not one of the sought after locations because this one is easy. It's the lcoation from the opening scene where Master Chao (Fung Hak-on) fights Master Shang (Hwang Jang Lee) in defense of the snake style. Fans of the genre may recall that this location is the same one seen in the finale of The Young Master. I did make the effort to reach the spot a few years ago only to confirm that, like many other abandoned locations, it has become overgrown and inaccessible and a large portion of it has a Fire Lookout built on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment