Thursday, January 13, 2022

The Last Time I Saw Macao - João Rui Guerra da Mata (2012) - Po Sang Pawnshop, Canton

Yeah, I know, I normally leave the locations alone if they venture outside of Hong Kong and Macau (although I did do a few in Taiwan some years back, if you remember) but I figured I would include this one for completeness because it's not clear in the film that we have actually left Macau and I wanted to make sure no one turned up there hoping to find this one. Although, fat chance of anyone getting into Macau (or HK for that matter) anytime soon thanks to COVID.

This is the location of the second murder as the main antagonist - recognisable only by his booted feet and gloved hands (because, remember, we don't get to see anyone from the waist up) - kills someone in the storage tower of one of Canton's more famous pawnshops 寶生大押 ("bou sang dai at"). For those interested, it's located, more or less, at the junction of ZhongShanQi Road and RenMin North Road in Li Wan District. See the location pin at the bottom of the post for an more accurate marker (assuming the different GPS systems between China vs rest of world hasn't messed it up).

Not Macau!

No comments:

Post a Comment