Monday, January 24, 2022

The Last Time I Saw Macao - João Rui Guerra da Mata (2012) - Ponte No.30, Macau

In one scene there is a brief sequence as several workman sit down to eat noodles inside Ponte No.30. The pier structure that the chaps are sitting in was built in 1948 and one of the few that have yet to be redeveloped (sadly, No.27 that was used for Ferry to Hong Kong, and #28 next doorhave already been replaced by a larger modern structure). I believe most of the waterfront pier structures were owned and operated by single companies, in this case the pier's Chinese name is Hip Lee Pier (協利碼頭), so I suspect there is a historical company in Macau with the same name. If I get a bit of time I will try and dig out some more information on them and update the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment