Monday, October 10, 2022

Blade in Hong Kong - Terry Lester (1985) - Jumbo Floating Restaurant, Aberdeen

It's a pity I did my RTHK stint on the Jumbo before I had watched this film, otherwise I would have known to include it in my radio chat on films where the Jumbo featured. Anyway, the now sunken (somewhere in the South China Sea) restaurant was used twice in this film. The first time, we see the interior as Blade's adoptive father (played by Keye Luke) is thrown a celebration for his retirement but becomes the target of a bomb. The top two images are from that scene and, yes, that IS Leslie Nielsen.

The second time we see the Jumbo is later in the film as a ransom demand leads Blade to help a local businessman (played by James Hong) with the ransom exchange on the top deck of the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment