Friday, October 11, 2024

Shek Ku Street - Now and Then

A few years ago I did some Jackie Chan Police Story posts (much to the chagrin of a variety of JC haters here in Hong Kong) and one of them is a car parking sequence shot along Shek Ku Street in Ho Man Tin. Anyway, I was in the area earlier and took some comparison shots. As you can see it hasn't changed much. The first three images below are the full images I took trying to match the screen shots from this post.


And here are the cropped versions for a better comparison with the screencaps. Bearing in mind that this film will be 40 years old next year (it's towards the end of 2024 that I am writing this), then not much has changed. This is quite surprising given how quickly Hong Kong in general has changed.

Jackie's car driving out of King Tak Street
Shek Ku Street, I should've crouched a bit more for a better match.
OK, this last one I should have moved left, to the middle of the road.
Never mind, it's close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment