Thursday, August 8, 2013

Noble House (Mini series) - Pierce Brosnan (1988) - 15 Barker Road, Hong Kong

Dunross's impressive house in the series was provided courtesy of the then Colonial Secretary's (this would have been Sir David Robert Ford when filming was taking place) residence at #15 Barker Road. The house is still very much there and supposedly still used by the current Chief Secretary.


I guess being Chief Secretary has many perks, the house just being one of them. On the other hand you have to support whichever tosshole is secretly voted into the position of Chief Executive.

3 comments:

gweilo8888 said...

If I could choose any house in Hong Kong... well, this one would be right up there near the top of the list. Stunning!

Unknown said...

I used to visit my girlfriend Amanda Roberts here, when her father, Sir Denys Roberts, was Colonial Secretary. Lovely house!
I was a young soldier serving with the 1st Battalion The Light Infantry at Gun Club Hill Barracks in Kowloon, and we met whilst training for free fall parachuting.
She was a student, heading to Harvard. I wish we had kept in touch.

Unknown said...

Gavin my God how are you? Write me at amandarobertsphd@gmail.com
I hope that you see this message.
MAndy Roberts

Post a Comment