Monday, August 5, 2013

Noble House (Mini series) - Pierce Brosnan (1988) - Des Voeux Road Central, Sheung Wan

A brief shot from the very opening scenes of the series when we are treated to a view of the rainy (probably summertime in that case) streets of HK. One of the shots is taken looking east along Des Voeux Road in the vicinity of Western Market (almost in front of it in fact).


I have Thomas Ngan to thank for the original identification of this over on my other blog when I first did these Noble House locations.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember filming these scenes - it was the first night of the shooting schedule. It was amazing - never having experienced it at all before - watching the sfx guys rigging the rain towers, wind machines, etc. We ran water bowsers up and down the road first, soaking it, before cueing the picture car.
The camera spent quite a bit of time on a tulip crane so that would have been the platform. I think we had a company move that night too - went on to Jardine House (the building of a thousand arseholes) I seem to remember...

Post a Comment