Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Pillow Book - Vivian Wu (1996) - Fuk Lo Tsun Road, Kowloon City

Some more Kowloon City as we see Wu inside her shoebox apartment (believe me when I say it tends to be the norm in HK these days) on what looks to be Fuk Lo Tsun Road in Kowloon City.

The view from her window shows us the Kowloon City branch of Hang Seng Bank and a quick glimpse through the window from inside the room reveals what looks to be the building next door to it.

If you look at the lower picture, through the window, it looks as though the camera captured the front of the building next door to the bank. Here is the Streetview of that section of road. Of course, I'm assuming the bank hasn't moved in 20 years...but the front of the next door building does look like the one on film.


Assuming I have guessed correctly, that would put the actual apartment in the building opposite - possibly the first floor of number 2B. Here is a quick grab of that building - I think the room is the one centre screen - but I'm open to counter offers :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment