Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Pillow Book - Vivian Wu (1996) - Nathan Road, Yau Ma Tei

As a part two for the last post, this scene quickly follows. This one was a bit trickier to track down though - the neon sign with the two characters "人人" seemed so familiar to me but I just couldn't place them. In the end I found out they belonged to a removal company called 人人搬運. Low and behold, the first time their website (http://www.yanyanmover.com/) loaded it had a picture of the very same advert - but no address.

Then I found a rather excellent little website: Neon Signs.HK, that has done a great job at collating the existing neon signs in HK. It's well worth a look. Anyway, it turned out that the sign in question is on the corner of Waterloo and Nathan (an area I used to frequently pass on the bus). Mystery solved and a great website discovered.


Here's the best view I could find on Streetview, closer views were obscured by a passing bus.

2 comments:

gweilo8888 said...

Yes, neonsigns.hk is a great site. I've contributed five or six pictures there myself, actually...

Phil said...

I'd never heard of it untilo just the other day. What a great project. It has already proven very helpful in nailing some locations.

Post a Comment