Thursday, June 23, 2016

Rush Hour 2 - Jackie Chan (2001) - The Peak, Hong Kong

I know, I should have done Rush Hour first, but I don't seem to be able to find my copy so I shall start at the second installment. Plus, this one (I almost called it "number 2" which might be a bit unfair because I actually enjoyed it a lot) has a lot more HK-based locations than its predecessor. The opening shot is almost an updated of the one we just saw in Day of the Panther with a helicoptered shot starting somewhere on the southside of the Peak moving up to the top so we get a nice view of the viewing tower and beyond.

Up the hill...
...to the top...
...and beyond.

The only thing missing (that is noticeable for me anyway) is the 2 IFC tower which should be on the left of the lower picture but it seems construction had either not started yet, or not reached a height where it can be seen over the other buildings (most likely the former reason).

2 comments:

Andi said...

rh2 is my favourite part of the rush hour trilogy...also because of the hong kong focus...damn i miss hk...our nerdtalk at the café was great phil

Phil said...

Still great films I think as long as you don't expect too much action from JC, but let's face it...it's Chris Tucker that provides most of the entertainment. When will you be back?

Post a Comment