Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Million Eyes of Sumuru - George Nader (1967) - Hongkong Hilton, Central

Well, following on from the last post for The Yin and Yang of Mr Go, I think I can now safely remove this location from the unknown list and post it here. As suspected, it appears to be an inner courtyard within the Hongkong Hilton hotel. I had hoped the distinctive wall decoration would be able to jog someone's memory but in the end it has taken the other film to confirm where it was.


So it looks like this was a Japanese garden within the hotel grounds. I had initially assumed the Japanese style arches were temporary for the purpose of filming but the appearance in two films over a space of 2 or 3 years tells me they were slightly more permanent. Anyway, another mystery solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment