Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Yin and Yang of Mr Go - James Mason (1970) - Wo Hop Shek Cemetery, Fanling

Fortunately for this particular location I had prior knowledge after speaking with Chaplin otherwise I would really have not had much chance of finding it. The scene was shot over the night of Chinese New Year Eve of 1970 (so, I think 5th Feb?) and apparently caused much consternation amongst the Chinese crew because not only did they have to work on Chinese New Year's eve but also had to do it in a cemetery! Anyway, sadly the night shoot means the picture quality is even poorer than usual.


You can see some of the grave numbers here so it might be possible to find the actual spot (for Jeff Bridges and James Mason hardcore fans only, me thinks). I may take a trip there one day (hopefully whilst I'm still alive I mean...).

No comments:

Post a Comment