Sunday, March 20, 2022

La Fine Dell'innocenza - Annie Belle (1976) - Kai Tak Airport, Kowloon

A not-often used view over to Kai Tak will kick off this post as our protagonists arrive in Hong Kong for their adventures. We see the plane land, then the actors leave via the upper drop off point. I've also included some captures from the end of the film as the story comes to a close and Annie & co go to the airport for the final scenes.

My memory of Kai Tak is very fuzzy, but I don't remember the internal layout loking like this when I frequented it in the late 90s. I'm sure the check in desks had moved to the side by that time. The only really standout thing I can remember is being late for a flight once because I was distracted taking photos with friends. But it took literally 2 minutes to go through immigration checks and straight into the gate area that was immediately behind it, then another couple of minutes to my gate number whilst be harried by a member of the airline who told me to get a move on! These days the gates are so far from the immigration area that there is no way I would even get close to catching that flight (I did, by the way, in case you were wondering).

Plane touches down
Leaving and arriving at the pickup/drop off point
Departures

No comments:

Post a Comment