Friday, September 23, 2022

Blade in Hong Kong - Terry Lester (1985) - Lion's Club Pavilion, The Peak

Time for a new film and this series of posts has been several years in the making. It started with me learning about the title of this movie, Blade in Hong Kong, and then trying - for a long time and to no avail - to try and track down a digital copy. Finally, I was alerted to a copy on Ebay by my good friend, AP (he who has provided me with many of the films and shows I have covered on the blog). The only problem was is that it was a VHS tape. It appears this film, made as a TV movie in the mid-80s, has never had a digital release.

So anyway, I bought the VHS tape and then spent the next couple of years unable to do anything about it because of my to'ing and fro'ing between HK and the UK (and getting stuck in the UK, twice!). Only this year was I able to track down a person in Hong Kong who was able to digitise the film for me and I finally got the files back a couple of months ago. Only now have I been able to go through the film and identify a good number of locations. 

The film itself is actually quite good. It revolves around Blade (Terry Lester) who, despite being the adopted son of a rich Hong Kong business man (Keye Luke), runs his own private investigation company and gets involved in a case that targets his dad for assassination.The case coincides with another one regarding the kidnapping of a local businessman's daughter, who is being held ransom.

There are a whole bunch of locations to cover, although much of the opening montage sequence appears to be a collection of library footage, I'll include then anyway. First up is the opening shot of the harbour from the Lion's Club Pavilion on the Peak. The montage returns to the area, a little higher up, for a later part of the sequence (second image).

For some reason the location marker provided by Google keeps jumping to Epworth Lodge rather than the actual location of the pavilion.

No comments:

Post a Comment