Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Drunken Master - Jackie Chan (1978) - Shap Sze Heung, Sai Kung

Well, we were here just a few posts ago for Knockabout and I think if you look at the images in that post you will see some familiar hills in the background. In Drunken Master this is the location where Beggar So and Fei-hung stay whilst the latter undergoes his rigourous training in preparation for learning "Eight Drunk Immortals Fist". I've already explained what has become of this place in that other post so I won't labour the point here, it's too depressing for me to think about. Actually, my feeling is that this particular location is a bit further south and west given the proximity of Ma On Shan in the background of some images - perhaps nearer to Ma Kwu Lam village? Of course it might just be the product of the focal length of the camera lens making the background look closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment