Thursday, April 4, 2024

The Water Margin - David Chiang (1972) - Ho Sheung Heung, North District

Back to Ho Sheung Heung and the location where Bruce Lee fought Sammo Hung in the opening scenes of Enter the Dragon. Despite taking me several months to locate, it turns out this place was a popular filming spot through the 70s. These days it's still fairly over grown and impenetrable but I still wait patiently for the day when some idiot accidentally starts a hillfire and reveals some lost film artifacts.

In this scene, Yan Ching (David Chiang) has just saved Jade Unicorn from being assassinated by his corrupt guards, and hangs around waiting to rob someone so he can get enough money to go to Liangshan and team up with the bandits. It turns out that the two people he decides to rob are Liangshan bandits.

Tai Shek Mo (Crest Hill) in the background

2 comments:

AP said...

Not sure if I spotted that location when I watched the film recently. Will have to check that scene out again.

Pip the Troll said...

can't wait for the day when the top is cleared again. thankfully, I am around here far more regularly than I used to be thanks to the kids' riding lessons nearby, so if it ever happens I will be straight up there haha

Post a Comment