Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Mad Mission 3: Our Man from Bond Street - Sam Hui (1984) - Lok Fu MTR Station, Kowloon

I'm not sure about the initial scene of the MTR exit, but the subsequent sequence, where Kingkong flies through the subway system on his airborne contraption, appear to have been filmed at Lok Fu MTR Station. As far as I am aware this is the only MTR station that has a green colour scheme with red stripes. I could be wrong so please feel free to correct me if so. Anyway, some more poor quality green screen SFX as commuters run in panic and stare in awe as the thing flies by. This takes me back to my first trip to Hong Kong, before the launch of the now ubiquitous Octopus card, when you had to buy single journey tickets or could get a stored value card. They were these flimsy plastic things. Wish I had kept all that stuff as a keepsake.

No comments:

Post a Comment