Monday, August 10, 2015

Soldier, Soldier - Robson Green (1992) - Pak Tam Chung, Sai Kung

Whoops! When I did this earlier post featuring Fuk Hing Bridge in Pak Tam Chung, I had yet to identify another location from the same episode (Lifelines) that has turned out to be just up the road from the Fuk Hing Bridge.

The location is supposedly the border fence portion where the Illegal Immigrants break through what appears to be a large storm drain by using a car jack to bend the bars of the drain grill.


The "drain" is actually a cleverly disguised bridge that carries Tai Mong Tsai Road over the Lung Hang stream a little further north from the Fuk Hing Bridge. The props department for the show have constructed a fake concrete wall blocking the arch of the bridge and installed an authentic wire fence to make it look like the real closed border area. So I give the props department their..props! It had me fooled for a few days.

If you want to see the exact location on the map, just click on the location link at the bottom of the post.

2 comments:

gweilo8888 said...

WOW! Great identification, I watched it years ago and had absolutely no idea where I was actually looking at. You know what? I've actually walked up the tidal estuary from the pedestrian bridge and played around down there when I was perhaps in my early teens...

Phil said...

well, I figured that the border would be too dodgy to film at, even though they obviously had the army behind them with the use of Stanley Fort etc and the smaller fence had me wondering. Personally, I rarely go here. I may whiz past it on the bus to Wong Shek or Hoi Ha but have yet to really explore. I've only been down to Fuk Hing Bridge on two occasions and had other matters on my agenda at the time. I guess I need to go out there again and try to grab a decent comparison snap.

Post a Comment