Friday, August 11, 2023

Police Story 2 - Jackie Chan (1988) - Po Hang Lane, Tsz Wan Shan

Many thanks to an anonymous commentator who has identified a rather difficult location for Police Story 2 that I figured would take months to track down (I do a lot of these locations on the fly rather than have a big back log of places to post, so if I don't get them within a few days they tend to get forgotten about until I have time to go back and try again).

The scene is the start of the police's surveillance of John Cheung's bad guy. He leaves a building on a large set up steps between a couple of buildings as the covert cop van pulls up and starts to take pictures of him. The immediate next scene is this one (the same one where anon commented) where Cheung walks down some steps in TST.

Anyway, if you follow the link to that post you'll see the initial scene below is located on Po Hang Lane (蒲蘅里) in Tsz Wan Shan. I've actually walk ed past this location on multiple occasions because I used to take my kids to the cycle track in Po Kong Village Park on the opposite side of Po Kong Village Road. Looking at Streetview, the place hasn't changed at all other than the buildings getting a new lick of paint.

Anyway, a big thanks to anon for saving me several weeks of tedious trawling through the map.

2 comments:

AP said...

Looks a cool little cycle track that. Kids must have loved it

Pip the Troll said...

It is very cool. One of the better ones in Kowloon.

Post a Comment