Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story - Jason Scott Lee (1993) - Lo Pan Temple, Kennedy Town

Time for a new film and here is one I had forgotten all about until reminded a few months ago. To be honest, I'm still torn in my feelings about the film. I think Jason Scott Lee is a great Bruce Lee but the way this film portrays his life - mixing total fiction with a smattering of fact - disappoints me. I'm sure I'm not alone. What I had forgotten, or simply hadn't registered at the time, is how much of it was filmed in Hong Kong - quite a bit as it turns out.

So here is the first location taken from the opening credits when we see and young Bruce running from a temple door. The temple is a real one and is one of Hong Kong's quirkier ones in terms of its design and the object of its worship. Coincidentally (wink, wink), I just re-posted an old blog post over on my other blog - the photos in that post were taken around 8 years ago and I haven't managed to make it back since then. Here are the grabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment