Thursday, July 30, 2015

Soldier, Soldier - Robson Green (1992) - Fuk Hing Bridge, Pak Tam Chung

Here's a location that should be familiar with anyone who follows my Bruce Lee exploits because I was able to identify it as the filming location for Lee's outdoor BTS footage that was cobbled into the final print of Unicorn Fist.

Anyway, in this episode called Lifelines, the lads from the King's Fusiliers are on border patrol to try and nab illegal immigrants. In reality this area is not even close to the border with China but this is movie world so some pragmatism is needed with regard to filming logistics.

2 comments:

gweilo8888 said...

That'll be high tide, then!

We used to visit the Sheung Yiu Folk Museum pretty frequently when I was a kid, either anchoring our boat in Tsam Chuk Wan and then rowing in to the pier next to the museum, or parking at the Country Park Visitors' Centre, then walking down Tai Mong Tsai Rd., across the bridge, and down the nature trail. I think we went on a school trip from KGV once, as well.

The folk museum is great, if small. The folks who run it are incredibly friendly, and kept the place open probably 30-45 minutes late the last time I visited with my family about three or four years ago. (We arrived right as they were getting ready to leave, and they insisted we come in.)

There is -- or was -- an interesting museum in the Country Park Visitors' Centre, too. Even in the late 80s I remember it feeling a little dated, but it had lots of good info on local plants and wildlife. Wonder if it's still there?

Phil said...

yes, definitely high tide. I was there a couple of months ago for an update to my Unicorn Fist post and it was low tide at the time. The museum is great, actually very good and well worth combining with the nature trail. I have family over at the moment so may take them out there again at some point.

Post a Comment