Friday, February 10, 2023

Police Story 2 - Jackie Chan (1988) - Kai Tak Airport, Kowloon

After buying their air tickets at the plaza the other day, the pair head to the airport for their trip to Bali. This is when Ka Kui is taken off the plane on the premise of a problem with their passports, but in fact, his former police bosses want him back on the force to work the bomb case. As he returns to get May, he reaslies the plane is already leaving. Sadly, Dragonair is no longer with us - it was absorbed into Cathay Pacific and renamed Cathay Dragon, but was one of the larger victims of the Hong Kong shutdown due to Covid in 2020.

2 comments:

gweilo8888 said...

Ooo neat! Dragonair's OG livery will always be my favorite. So sad to see them gone. I'm hugely into flight simulation and have made myself a Dragonair livery for my 737, albeit a rather more modern variant than those Dragonair actually flew.

Pip the Troll said...

unfortunately Blogger seems to have removed my ability to directly reply. I hadn't realise Dragon Air had gone until i wrote this post. I went spotting with my son just before the pandemic and have a few images of some dragonair flights flying over Sunny Bay. Such as shame but the whole place suffered under the restrictions.

Post a Comment