Sunday, August 4, 2024

Black Mask - Jet Li (1996) - British Military Hospital, Kowloon

The hospital sequence in this film was shot at the former British Military Hospital in Kowloon. Really old readers (many thanks for hanging around for so long, and returning following the accidental deletion) may remember that I first identified this building as a filming location for an episode of Yellowthread Street called Middleman. This post led to a comment (and subsequent email) from stuntman and stunt coordinator, Jude Poyer, who gave me a few examples of other films that had used this place. One of them being Black Mask, which his friend Mike Lambert worked on as one of the bad guys. You can see Jude's comment at the bottomof the Yellowthread Street link I provided above. So here I am, ten years after Jude's comment, finally getting to cover Black Mask. The hospital site was later developed into the "Parc Palais" residential complex.

2 comments:

AP said...

Jude's comment was 10 years ago....I'm getting old

Pip the Troll said...

Yup, that's usually how long it takes me to get around to doing something...

Post a Comment